Letter from Tina Westmoreland - President of the Order of the Magnolia
Welcome to the Order of the Magnolia. What an honor it is to serve as President of this unique organization! The Order of the Magnolia was formed to act as a support group for the Epsilon Delta chapter of Kappa Alpha Order at Texas A & M, and in the time that I have been involved with this delightful organization, I have developed a deep appreciation for the value of this group. Working together to support the young men of KA provides the opportunity to develop new acquaintances and deepen old ones, all the while enjoying events with our sons in Aggieland.
The Epsilon Delta chapter of Kappa Alpha Order is a top fraternity at Texas A & M. In the past year alone they have achieved the following:
- Large fraternity presence on the Intrafraternal Council (IFC) including Vice President
- Largest fraternity presence on the Student Senate with 8 KA Senators;
- An impressive overall GPA, consistently averaging at or near 3.0.
- We had the largest pledge class of any Fraternity on Campus as well as in the history of Kappa Alpha at Texas A&M last Fall.
Congratulations that your son has made the decision to join the brotherhood of such an accomplished group! By extension, with involvement in the Magnolias, you will have many opportunities to get to know your son’s fraternity brothers and their families.
The Order of the Magnolia provides support to the KAs through the following events:
- Fall and Spring Pledge Induction family luncheons;
- KA Member/Family Directory publication and distribution;
- Mother/Son weekend;
- Fall and Spring Scholarship Dinner (recognizes KAs earning a 3.0 or better GPA the previous semester);
- Parent Weekend dinner and auction (benefits the Chapter’s recruiting and capital campaign);
- Improvements to the Chapter house / grounds; and
- Special requests or unplanned needs of the Chapter.
I am looking forward to meeting all of our new members, and to a wonderful year of great times spent together and with our KA Aggies!
President of the Order of the Magnolia
Proud Mother of Luke Westmoreland ('12)